Pregnancy is a time of extra nutritional need. Whether you are pregnant, intend to become pregnant, or are in the post-partum stage, you may not be able to meet your nutritional needs through diet alone. Below you will find knowledge and information to help you learn how adding a prenatal multivitamin supplement to your diet may support your healthy lifestyle.
- Nutritional Support Before, During, and After Pregnancy ϯ
- 90 Vegetarian Tablets
- Gluten Free – Soy Free
- Provides essential recommended vitamins, minerals and trace nutrients for women before, during and after pregnancy. ϯ
- Contains folic acid to prevent neural tube deficits ϯ
- Contains DHA and EPA to support a developing nervous system ϯ
- See Product Label/Supplement Facts (below) for additional details.
- Contains NO: artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, wheat, milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, crustaceans, shellfish, fish or animal products.
Prenatal Plus with DHA
With the average American diet being deficient in a number of vital nutrients, special attention must be paid to the nutritional status of women of childbearing potential. Taking a supplement designed for women in any stage of childbearing can help make up the difference. ϯ
Why This Formula?
Prenatal Plus with DHA is designed to support a woman’s body before, during and after pregnancy. We have formulated our product to provide the ultimate in nutrition to ensure that both mother and baby stay healthy. ϯ
Like most of our products, our prenatal vitamin is vegetarian friendly and free of artificial ingredients.
About Prenatal Nutrition
Whether you are pregnant, have just been pregnant or are considering pregnancy, you need to pay special attention to your nutritional status. If you are deficient in certain vitamins and nutrients, a developing fetus may not have enough. In addition, during pregnancy and nursing, the baby is first in line for any nutrients available. In some cases, though the baby gets enough nutrition, the mother is left deficient and may benefit from a prenatal vitamin supplement. ϯ
Most dieticians recommend that women consume more vitamins when pregnant or nursing than women who are not in stages of child bearing. In addition, certain nutrients are especially important. ϯ
- Folic acid is one of the lesser known B vitamins. It is essential for many body functions but especially important in development of the nervous system. Deficiency of folic acid can cause spina bifida and other neural tube deficits, some of which are fatal. Medical professionals recommend that most women who are considering pregnancy should include a folic acid supplement in their care routine. ϯ
DHA and EPA
- DHA and EPA are essential fatty acids that have been shown to be beneficial in the development of a healthy brain. This is especially important during the prenatal period and early infancy. When taken during pregnancy or while nursing, supplementation with DHA and EPA can help ensure healthy brain development. ϯ
ϯ These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.