Super Krill Omega-3 is a very unique and super source of essential fatty acids. ϯ Below you will find knowledge and information to help you learn how adding Krill Oil Omega-3 to your diet may support your healthy lifestyle.
- For Whole Body Health ϯ
- 60 Softgels
- Gluten free - soy free
- High Astaxanthin Content ϯ
- Sustainably Sourced ϯ
- See Product Label/Supplement Facts (below) for additional details.
- Contains NO: artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, wheat, gluten, milk, eggs, soy, peanuts, or tree nuts.
Super Krill Omega-3
Super Krill Omega-3 supplements contain krill oil which is sourced from tiny shrimp-like ocean life which feeds only on plankton in the pristine waters of the Antarctic. There is no chance in krill for mercury concentration as they are at the “bottom” of the food chain. In addition, the frigid ocean surrounding Antarctica is less contaminated by mercury and other toxins due to the massive distance from industrial areas.
Why This Formula?
The actual amount of Omega-3 fatty acids contained in Krill oil is also much, much higher than a similar volume of fish oil. ϯ Because Krill oil is much more concentrated, the supplements are much smaller, solving another problem of traditional fish oil supplements which can be very large and difficult to swallow. aVivoPur Super Krill Omega-3 is made from the extracts of krill oil, containing high levels of the anti-oxidant fatty acid, Omega-3.
- The essential fatty acids EPA and DHA have been shown to promote healthy brain development in children ϯ Consider Children's Chewable Omega 3.
- Fish and fish oils intake is typically not recommended for women who are pregnant. DHA is, however, a critical supplement for everyone and especially when pregnant so we add DHA to our Pre-Natal Multi Vitamin.
About Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Most Omega-3 fatty acid supplements are made from oil blends obtained from fatty, cold-water fish such as tuna, salmon, mackerel, and halibut. Some Omega-3 fatty acid supplements actually contain oils extracted from sea mammals such as whale and sea blubber. In recent history it has become well known that our oceans may be contaminated with high levels of mercury and other toxic chemicals. Large, cold-water fish are at the “top of the food chain”, meaning that they eat fish that have eaten fish that have eaten fish that have eaten smaller ocean life. In addition, eating whales and seals is distasteful for most people.
Animals such as fish that are higher level predators have their own mercury contamination from living in the ocean but mercury is also not excreted from the body. This means that each time one of these fish eats another ocean creature; they are getting and keeping that animal’s mercury content. While many supplements may contain fatty acids that are guaranteed free of chemical contamination, not all supplements can say this. ϯ
Because they are made of fish oils, many supplements are also not purified enough to eliminate some of the “fishy” taste and odor. Those who take unpurified fish-oil supplements may complain of burping of fish oil and their breath may smell of fish – not very pleasant. Krill oil is different. ϯ
ϯ Omega-3 fatty acids, particularly EPA and DHA are known as “essential fatty acids” because they are necessary for processes such as:
- Hormone production (thyroid, adrenal, reproductive hormones etc.)
- Healthy brain and nerve development
- Nervous system regulation
- Balance of the blood clotting system
- Healthy cholesterol metabolism
- Cell membrane formation
- Protection from oxidative cell processes
ϯ As they are essential for these functions they are thought to be beneficial for a number of physiologic conditions such as:
- High “bad” and low “good” cholesterol levels
- Depression, ADHD and other mental disorders
- Heart attacks
- Cancer and Aging (antioxidant activity)
- Alzheimer’s and other cognitive disorders
- Obesity and diabetes, including insulin resistance
People who are taking medications such as blood thinners should consult a physician before taking Krill oil.
ϯ These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.